- Fully qualified doctors registered with the GMC carry out all consultations and treatments.
- All our doctors are trained in their field of cosmetic practice and maintain their training through regular updates.
- All practitioners follow the latest GMC guidelines concerning cosmetic practice (see GMC link below).
- We will listen to your concerns including why you want treatment.
- Your doctor will examine you prior to any planned treatment.
- Your doctor will give you an honest appraisal of what can be achieved with cosmetic intervention and what alternatives exist.
- We will give you information and time to consider and reflect before proceeding with any treatment.
- We will seek formal consent from you before any treatment.
- We work with colleagues and other agencies within the NHS to put your best interests as our first consideration.
- We will be transparent with our fees.
- We want your feedback on our service and want you to feel confident your concerns will be listened to.
We will not treat the following groups:
- Children and the young.
- Vulnerable groups who cannot consent.
- During pregnancy.
- Where there is a medical reason to withhold treatment.
- If it is the opinion of the doctor that the risks of treatment outweigh the benefits.
- Unrealistic expectations or a better treatment alternative.
For further information please see http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/ethical_guidance/28688.asp